With everyone talking about how much it costs to go to college these days it's hard to imagine that any university could be considered rich.
But last week Harvard launched a $6.5 billion capital campaign (yes, BILLION with a "B"). The campaign, if successful, would become the largest ever by a higher education institution if they reach their goal by 2018.
There isn't much suprise about who the richest colleges are except maybe in which order they fall when compared by the size of their endowments. So, without further ado, here are the Top 10 Richest Colleges:
- Harvard University - $32,012,729,000
- Yale University - $19,174,387,000
- Princeton University - $17,162,603,000
- Stanford University - $16,502,606,000
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - $9,712,628,000
- Columbia University - $7,789,578,000
- University of Michigan - $7,725,307,000
- University of Pennsylvania - $6,582,030,000
- University of Notre Dame - $6,383,344,000
- Duke University - $5,747,377,000