Get in and get out if you head to one of these top colleges.
A high graduation rate is an important figure to note in your college search.
"Why?" you ask. Because it tells you that the school has the resources and support you need to graduate in four years. Graduating in four years not only allows you to keep your education on schedule, but it also saves you a ton of money on tuition and helps you get into the workforce sooner.
Here is a list from Kiplinger with the top public colleges and universities that best the national average for graduation rates by 38 to 55 percentage points.
- University of Virginia
- College of William and Mary
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- St. Mary's College of Maryland
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Mary Washington
- Miami University of Ohio
(Source: "10 Best Public Colleges with the Highest Graduation Rates" | Kiplinger)College Search Doing Well in School Getting a Job