When finals are around the corner, it is important to remember the simple items that can get you through.
Finals week is crazy. It is a known fact. Students are hopped-up on coffee, screaming, crying, and everything in between. In order to try and keep your sanity, here are the five things USAToday claims are essentials you should not over look during finals.
- A Water Bottle: You need to stay hydrated, better hydration means better brain function. Drinking water will help you avoid those dehydration headaches. So, make sure you have it with you all day!
- Healthy Snacks: Get more sustenance in your finals week diet than just your 3rd cup of coffee. Eating healthy snacks are also linked to higher brain function. Get your hands on fruits, veggies, nuts and other complex carbs to keep you and your brain afloat.
- Study Materials: You never know when you may have a few more minutes to study. Maybe in between finals you have more time than you anticipated, be prepared with stowed away flashcards or note sheets. The last thing you look at before you go in could just give you the edge you need to get an A.
- Wear a Watch: Cellphones are out during exams and you never know if the clock in the room is fast or slow. The professor may or may not give you the courtesy of writing how much time you have left on the board. Be prepared for your timed exam, wear a watch, and don’t get the whistle blown midway though your short answer.
- Any items you may need to complete your final: Make sure to double check before you leave your dorm or home that you have the simple things: pen, pencil, extra notebook paper, calculator, flash drive, project, or whatever it might be that you need to complete your final. Double and triple check that you have saved your final project in five different places in five different formats in those five places. It is better to be safe than sorry.
(5 items to carry with you during finals week I USAToday)Doing Well in School What to Expect